Cookie & Tracking Policy
What are cookies
Cookies and other similar tracking technologies are small text files or code placed on your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website or app or view a message. Cookies allow a website or app to recognise a particular device.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit our website or use our app, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of your internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- recognise you whenever you visit our website or app (this speeds up your access to this as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website and app;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookie
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies — these allow our website and app to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies — these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website or app to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies — these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and app and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies — these cookies collect information about how you use our website and app, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies — these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies — also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. [They are usually placed by advertising networks with this Website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.]
The cookies we use
At Fika Community Limited we set and use some cookies ourselves but only on our site. We refer to these as first party cookies. When cookies are served by another domain or by one of our service providers we refer to them as third party cookies. Please see what cookies and other similar tracking technologies we use below:
First Party Cookies
Third Party Cookies and other tracking technology
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. to enable you to log in to our app).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website or app.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the third party website: www.allaboutcookies.org
You can manage how our app accesses the services or information on your device by using the privacy settings on your device, such as turning off push notification and location services.